Sunday 14 September 2014

Something Different

Today I visited two talented artists who are taking part in NEOS ( North East {Scotland} Open Studios) event /scheme that runs from 7th to 14th of this month.
 
They are both amateur artists  - by this I mean that their art has been an activity that they have used, primarily, as a creative outlet and not as their main profession.  "Amateur" by no means describes their work.

The first is a textile artist and a neighbour of mine.  I had not known of her talents prior to her involvement in NEOS.   Her work is breathtaking and worthy of inclusion in any gallery.

The second is a recently retired teacher who is now free to explore her creativity with mixed media on a base of acrylic paints. She is also using lino printing to produce lovely designs. Absolutely stunning.

The point that I am trying to make with this post is that creative talent is all around us and that it remains mainly undiscovered.  I do wonder how many people are out there that do not recognise that they have ability at all.

Anyway, to finish this post, I would like to let you see one of my photo frames that I "upcycled". 
It originated life as an inexpensive frame that I painted with white acrylic paint. I then used stamps from Stampers Anonymous Papillion set using Stazon.  I chased these discontinued stamps for ages before finally buying them from an American company.  I know that they will be well used in the future for a variety of projects.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails