Sunday 2 March 2014

Has Spring Sprung?

 We have been spoiled with a beautiful day here in Aberdeen. The garden is coming to life with Spring growth but I do hope that there is not a shock in store for both the plants and us humans. We have had snow in previous years in May and June so I hope that I am  not tempting fate.  I took this photo of crocuses and love the colour combination.
 
March sees both Valentine's Day and Mother's Day in the card making calendar.  I made no Valentine's cards this year as I have been distracted by other activities.  However, I decided that I would make an effort to get my Mojo going and make some Mother's Day cards.
 
I purchased several sets of Tonic Affection dies that were quite expensive.  Too expensive for me not to use so you may see them appear frequently in the future. The first card that I made was this one using the On Mother's Day dies
I began with a 15cm square base card. The red border was left over from cutting on of the larger dies in the set. The heart was cut from red card and the white sentiment has been attached using 3D foam pads. I couldn't resist the addition of acrylic pearl embellishments.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails