Thursday 2 May 2013

Stumped...for a few days.

I was asked to make a card for a couple who shared a birthday.   In actual fact they will be celebrating their 70th birthdays very soon. My dilemma will be obvious - one card - male and female to accommodate.Took me a few days to come up with an idea.

I made a double easel card as a base. I haven't made one before but I thought that this would enable me to devote one half to each of the couple.

I asked what their occupations had been - teacher and fisherman.  I decided to visit Silhouette America to see what files would suit .  I thought that the lifebelt, the wheel and the anchor would be a great starting point.

The lifebelt dictated the colour scheme.


Rather than cut out elements in different coloured card, I just used white card and coloured using Promarkers.
No stamping here - just die cutting, punching, embossing and computer printing.


Didn't fancy using teacher related elements so went for a floral theme.


If you read previous post, the answer to the question is that the left picture is artificial and the right is the real deal.

1 comment:

Suze Bain said...

A super card Lilian, this wasn't an easy brief. The red, white and silver are a very elegant combination. Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails