Sunday 21 April 2013

Flower Power

This is the second of the cards that I was asked to make for the same person.  I wanted them to be very different. For this one I got out Joanna Sheens Eastern Treasures CD.   I particularly like these blue flower illustrations.  I know that Oriental as subject for cards is out of favour at the moment , but I still like to visit it from time to time.

 To make the easel card, I printed out the backing papers and decoupage topper on to 160gsm card. I used a corner punch that makes little grooves that allowed me to wrap gold cord to make a frame.  The sentiment was printed on to carD and cut out with Spellbinders die.  It took me a while to locate the coin in my stash but I persevered.




I also thought that I would upload these pictures and ask a question. Which of these is not real?

I purchased an artificial orchid for a aunt at Christmas. She was always bemoaning the fact that she could not get orchids to repeat flower and I though that this would be an amusing and perfect present for her.

I was so impressed  with how close it was to the real thing, that I bought one for myself.

The real orchid is one I have had for years.  It has flowered 6 times.

Will give the answer in my next post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails