Tuesday 11 June 2013

Blooming Orchids

I have written before about my love of orchids. I have many around the house that are in varying stages of growth.  Here is my latest graduate!


 
 
I purchased a Cimbidium Orchid PunchBunch punch some time ago but it came without instructions and I was unsure as to how to assemble it into the 3D flower that the illustration promised. However, I decided to use it to make a 50th birthday card that a friend had requested.  So....bull by the horns .......went surfing to find a solution.  I needed to cut a couple of the petals twice...duh...why didn't I think of that?

So this is the card that I created.
 I used water colour pencils to colour the components of the flower, then cut leaves from card before using the pencils to make them more lifelike.

I used a Martha Stewart  Punch around the Page set for the base mat and a Spellbinders die to cut the white mat.







My Silhouette Cameo provided the text.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails