Thursday 7 April 2016

Mackintosh Inspired

The latest copy of Creative Stamping came with a large sheet of stamps that have the look of Rennie Mackintosh's designs.  I have been a fan of Mackintosh's work since we visited Hill House in Helensburgh about twenty eight years ago. I was completely in awe of both the building itself and the attention to detail of the interior. I remember searching for wood backed rubber stamps at the time and only found a couple. The price label is still on one of them - £5.50 - and this is a very small stamp! So when I saw this set I just had to buy the magazine. I was impressed that there were many examples of cards within the magazine that demonstrated their use. I find that often there is more limited inspiration for the enticing free gift that we are attracted to on the covers of many magazines.

I took inspiration from one of the cards made by Siobhan Fyffe to produce this card.

 I chose green textured metallic card for the base layer and this has prevented a crisp stamp image - but I like the effect.
I used foam pads to raise the central design.



Here is another with a different colourway.





1 comment:

Cara said...

Beautiful card. I can see why you had to have those stamps, just stunning. Cara x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails