Sunday 11 January 2015

A New Year of Crafting

It's been a while since my last post.  I have a list of excuses that I won't bore you with except for the fact that I did go back to work for the last six months of the year. I retired three and a half years ago but was asked to help out until a new person was appointed with a job that I did in the 1990s.  It was a challenge that I enjoyed enormously. I involved two of my great loves - the use of computers in special education and working with individual children.


To start off the year .... my last year's Christmas card.  As I mentioned in the previous post, have I been attending a weekly watercolour class so I decided that I would use my new skills to produce the card.
My new Canon scanner/printer takes card really well so it was quite a straightforward process. It was so easy to just print those extra cards that you always seem to need. 


I would also like to show a sewing project that I completed last week - a paintbrush roll.  This will keep them all together instead of searching in different places for a particular brush. I recycled some Laura Ashley material that I had used to make a blind - many moons ago.






I bought a shower very cheaply curtain from Asda to use as the lining. Hopefully this will wipe clean.

I'm really pleased with the result.





1 comment:

Suze Bain said...

Hi Lilian, I have been a very absent blogger too (but I don't have the excuse that I was working. Lol). Your christmas card is lovely, I've never been able to paint but my daughter has a real talent for it. Your brush roll is great, I always like to see other folk's sewing projects. Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails