Wednesday 7 August 2013

60th Birthday Card

Another friend joins the over 60 Club!  We joined him with friends and family to celebrate at a surprise barbeque at Crombie Country Park in Angus (Scotland).  Beautiful weather and relaxed company - what more could you ask for?






I find it difficult to make cards for men but I had seen a card  made by Maria Simms for Clarity Stamps that had appealed to me. I used this as my inspiration to make this card. No Clarity product was used here but I really covet the Gelli plate that Barbara Gray demonstrates and was used in the original.  I have too many other purchases to get to grips at the moment.  Perhaps I will succumb at the NECC in November!
 The base card was made from Kraft Card. The papers are from my stash.  I used Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets to create dimension.  The text was produced on the computer.  It looked a little "clean" so I smudged Walnut Stain Distress Ink  on to the dotty paper and the white sprocket.

1 comment:

G Peplow said...

Hi there:-) , 60 is the new fifty, I heard that on the news this evening, must be true :-) I think your male card is fab, great masculine colours and images, I love it !! X

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails