Friday 19 October 2012

All Square

I have the results of much messed up stamping on my desk at the moment.  Another challenge will be to recycle them into finished cards.  Where there is a will there is a way.  

This is the final - unsmudged and (almost) correctly stamped - article made for ONE LAYER WEDNESDAY 110 challenge being hosted this week by Heather Telford. 




The challenge was to use SQUARES in the design. I spent most of last night searching through my stamp collection looking for inspiration.  I finally decided that I would use a foam alphabet stamp set.  Of course I found it impossible to use the stamps individually and get them positioned in a straight line.  I eventually used double-sided tape to stick them to an acrylic block so that I could stamp them all at once.  I remembered while doing this that I had used this method with these same stamps but in a square design
last Christmas. Not a case of "Great minds think alike" but rather that of "One mind thinks twice"!!


From here, I used red and green Promarkers and a gold pen to colour.  To be honest I did get as far as this with a previous card but I failed at the last hurdle because I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card. It just didn't look right.  Will need to go back and find one of Susan's posts about positioning.


4 comments:

Emma H said...

Beautiful - love the elegant NOEL.

Suze Bain said...

I know what you mean about messing up one layer cards but your perseverance paid off. Those are fabulous stamps. xx

Ardyth said...

This is a gorgeous, elegant one layer card! Love it!

Heather T said...

So classic and elegant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails