I make mistakes all of the time in my crafting but my efforts yesterday were particularly frustrating. I do love stamping but often the end result is marred by an unintentional finger smudge or overstamp.
My latest battle was with my card for the Less is More challenge. The finished product had to have an oval shape included. So, inspired by a card found on Pintetest,( so addictive) I die cut an oval to use as a mask, found two branch like stamps and off I went.
Here is the final card.
Along the way I discarded one card that didn't even manage to get out of the starting blocks - a smudge from my cutting mat. The following cards should have looked like the first but I overstamped, ending up with a leaflike inky mark. Determined that this would not end up in the basket of mistakes that would reappear with the addition of patterned paper, I used a paint brush to add similar leaf shapes. You would think that I would take care not to repeat the mistake....but I did.
In my defence these stamps were not designed to be branches. They were part of a set that I have from a collection of Flowersoft stamps.
As a postscript, I have since discovered that the Pinterest card that I took my inspiration from belongs to a fellow Less is More challenge participant - Heather Telford. Her blog is amazing.