Wednesday 29 August 2012

I Don't Do Instructions.

The title of this post gives you a little insight to my personality!  I know that some of you will say "Neither do I" and others will say " That attitude just wastes time."  

Now. having taught for nearly forty years - the last few spent writing instructions for other teachers to follow -  I should really fall into the latter category.  Here comes the excuse.......  My creative brain is to blame - I have made things all my life  so I should be able to do things instinctively.

This has worked in the past.  I have constructed Ikea flat pack shelves and sets of drawers without being left with not even a screw.  Much to the surprise of my husband, I may add.    

You may be wondering where I am going with this post.... Here you are..

I purchased a Crafters Companion jewellery kit a while ago.  This promised a  necklace, earrings and bracelet. I made up the earrings and bracelet no problem (didn't need instructions).  I tackled the necklace this week.  Realised that it required a quick glance at the instructions.  Don't want to criticise the authors but..... What??


Here is the final product.   The let down in the instructions was the starting and finishing of of the cord.  I suppose that my creativity did come into play - i just winged it i!    Also, it took me ages to thread cords through the seed beads that you can see in the photo. They were just too thick.

On a positive note, I will recreate this necklace with my own beads and cord ....without reference to instructions.

2 comments:

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful necklace, you'd never know that you'd 'winged' it! I have to admit, I am a methodical instruction follower! :o) x

Christine said...

What a beauty! I like it!
Hug
Christine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails