Wednesday 16 May 2012

In the style of....

I have attended many Stampin' Up classes / demos/ events over the years and have always found that most of the cards produced have a certain style. They are generally clean and unfussy, although they can be made of up several elements.
This card that I made today reminds me of that style.

The embossing folder is from Stampin' Up.  I turned it over to the debossed side before mounting it on the base card.  My colour palette was determined by one of my recently made cards - in other words the blue card and the ink pad were on my desk!

The stamped image is one from the Tim Holtz range and one which is a particular favourite of mine at the moment.  It sits happily on its own or as part of a larger collage, so I have found it really useful.
I used a  Fiskars border punch and a corner rounder to make the blue card mat.  It was with some trepidation that I stamped the sentiment on to the debossed surface. I knew that it could go horribly wrong at this stage and I would have to spend ages trying to save it from the bin.

NB. You can see that I used a brad to secure the ribbon tie. It took a great deal of courage to use this from my stash.  I have loads but I rarely use them.  Must be in some way related to my love of buttons and inability to let them go too.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails