ONE LAYER CARD
This time we have the stipulation to
USE THREE STAMPS
not four, not two... but 3!
So I delved into my stamp collection (isn't it frightening when you look at it in its entirety) and selected one of the butterflies from a set by Martha Stewart. The second stamp that I chose was from Hero Arts and looks a bit like an abstract wave. Lastly I decided on another Hero Arts Sentiment.
I knew the end result that I had in mind but the execution was more difficult than I had originally thought. I think that the root cause was that the butterfly stamp did not like the Distress Inks that I used. ( Tim v Martha!) I had several attempts at this and have decided to post two of these as well. The inks used here are walnut stain, brushed corduroy and pumice stone. I used a paint brush and pumice stone to fill in the majority of the wings.
Here are my "rejects" . I switched to Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip for the 6" by 6" card. The final card is finished by "distressing" the edges with old paper.