Thursday 18 August 2011

A New Technique

The challenge this week over at Less is More is to USE INK. I have chosen to try a new technique. 

The are a huge number of amazing cards submitted this week and am going to have my work cut out looking at them all.  I have already seen some techniques that I would like to try.

The inspiration for the card came from one that I saw made by Joanne Wardle in June's Craft Stamper. She was demonstrating the technique of masking and had used a Paper Artsy stamp that looked like ink splodges.  I love masking and use it often in my card making but I liked the splodgy effect so decided to improvise.

My version
I placed a Post it Note at the bottom of a cream card base before inking so that it would produce a clean line. The stamped butterflies were masked before inking a piece of Cut and Dry foam an applying it to the card to give a gradient effect. I then dropped clean water on to the inked surface.  I finished by embossing a line below the image and adding the sentiment.

11 comments:

Suze Bain said...

This is very pretty. Lovely colour and great effect with the water droplets. xx

G Peplow said...

Hi there Lillian, Fabulous bubbly effect, I love this card. It's quite dream like and very pretty, Gay xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi There
Fabulous card ....love the butterflies
Hugs sylvie
xxxxx

Victoria said...

Beautiful card!! I love the splodged effect you've created!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card, I can see why you enjoyed yourself. It's superb!
Love the water splash effect!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Jo Street said...

Fantastic card.
Jo x

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful CAS card, very effective!

Anonymous said...

What a fab card - love the colour and great effect with the water splashes! Gill x

Mandi said...

Terrific card, superb inking
Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card, I love the splodged ink effect and the pure white butterflies :)
Jenny x

Marianne said...

Fabulous card, love the splodgy effect. Really worthy of being showCASed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails