Monday 25 July 2011

New stamps

This is the first card that I have made from one of my Doncaster purchases.
The clear stamp set is by Inkadinkado and is called Meadow and I know that I will find many uses for it.

I chose this A6 landscape with a side fold for this card. I get into a rut with a particular style of base card so I thought that I would give this one a go.  I used a brayer on photocopying paper fro the background.  I am still a little unsure of myself with using the brayer directly on to the card as I have made many mistakes with this process. I find, for the moment, that it is easier to cut my selection and then fix it to the card.  I still had to mask this in order not to overlap the foreground stamp. I stamped the single foliage before using Stickles to add a little sparkle. The sentiment is from Hero Arts ( of course).l

3 comments:

Suze Bain said...

I've never done an A6 side fold before. You're right about getting into a rut - I always do square cards! Your brayered panel is lovely and soft and I love how your main flower overlaps it. Great composition. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is truly beautiful, love your layout. if I had tried that it would ahve been a mess, that's why I am not a stamper!!

Jenny said...

This is stunning, I love the lone plant in the foreground. Your sunset is amazing, a great idea to use a piece of brayered paper...I'm rubbish at using a brayer!
Jenny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails