Friday 1 July 2011

3 Down, 1 to Go.


Today I retired from my job as an ICT Development Officer in Education.  Not quite sunk in; not sure why I'm going; not sure what I will do with my time.

I have worked in Education for thirty seven and a half years. I, like many of the young teachers today did not give up my post when I had children, so I will finally have to let go of a working life.
Back then, there were none of the benefits, or even acceptance of a full time working mother.  I knew of no other teacher in my position in those early days.  In fact, I was told by officials that my husband was expected to support me financially.

My friends and I went out for a meal to celebrate another member of "the coven" passing over to the other side.  The last of us has a while to go before it is her turn ,so the final photograph will look very different to this! It may include zimmers!!
I do have a craft project to include in this post. I made this album for my colleague Andy, who also retired today.





4 comments:

Crafty Susy said...

You will find plenty to do with your time Lilian just you wait and see.
Susy

G Peplow said...

Congratulations on your new found freedom, ooh you are going to have the best time:0) I retired from school 6years ago and although I missed the children I certainly didn't miss the school and all the fuss. Good Luck:0) Your album for Andy your colleague is perfect, I'm sure he will treasure it, have fun, Gay xxx

G Peplow said...

p.s I have a confession, I do have a bits box I discovered my sins all hidden in a box that I'd quite forgotten about, guilty snigger here, I'm going to have to use them now, okay confession over, LOL Gay xxx

Suze Bain said...

I don't suppose it will all sink in until the end of the school holidays when you would have been due to go back to work. I'm sure you will soon adapt and you will certainly fill some of your extra time with crafting! Enjoy it! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails