Monday 27 June 2011

A Baby Elephant Parade

I have already submitted a card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge - Getting Edgy. But when I looked at the brief again, 
This week we are Getting Edgy! Use your border punches, rip some cardstock, whatever your pleasure to add a fun edge to your Clean And Simple project!
I realised that I could make another card and concentrate more on creating a  "fun edge"
 
I have a friend whose daughter is expecting a baby so I though a new baby card would be an appropriate choice.
 
I have used the Martha Stewart elephant punch several times before( here, here and here ) I love to line them up like this so that they look as if they are holding the tails of the one in front of them.  It just makes me smile. So I hope that this meets the criteria of a "fun edge"
 
I made another one with a white base but the large  elephant looked lost.  This card is slightly textured and a  pale blue/grey.  I purchased the template for it from Craftwork Cards at the SECC Craft fair. £1 well spent.

Finally, I used a silver Congratulations rub on to complete.



Update
Friend's daughter has had her baby.............It's a girl.   Off to make a pink version!

3 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Love the design of this card, the elephants are so cute (bet it looks even cuter in pink!) xx

G Peplow said...

Hi there, gorgeous ellie card, just love the shape , so pretty, Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

How did you make de big elephant.
Beautifull card!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails