Saturday 15 January 2011

Getting back into the groove

I attend a craft class once a month organised by my friend Susy. The bad weather prior and during the Christmas period prevented me from making the journey across the city to her house so I did not have the opportunity to make the Christmas themed cards that she had prepared for us.

This photo was taken during that time from the upstairs hall window in my house. This was the first time in 26 years that we have lived here that this has happened. I am sure that I could use this photo as inspiration for my next year's Christmas cards!






Anyway, the point of this is that one of the cards that I eventually made post-Christmas on a visit to Susy got my creative juices flowing again.

She had used one of the stamps from the Stampin Up, Pocket Silhouettes set to create a wreath and then added tiny red flowers with bling at their centres and are gingham ribbon bow. I have this set of stamps and, although I have made made many cards with them, (some posted here) I would never have though of using them in this way. It only goes to show how differently we all interpret how a particular resource can be used. Here are my first CASED cards.




The image was stamped on card before inking the sides and then mounting on 3D foam pads

I used a flower stamp from my Lavinia Stamps collection and embellished with acrylic gems and a Martha Stewart Monarch butterfly punch.


I chose a birthday sentiment but I am sure that I could adapt this design for other occasions.


Here is a variation on the theme.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails