Wednesday 21 July 2010

Splitcoasters CAS76 challenge

I am challenging myself quite a bit of late!! As I am on holiday for 6 weeks I am able to indulge my crafting passions. Now, I had intended making the best use of this time - redecorating, decluttering (the loft and the garage are in desperate need), gardening, visiting friends, baking.....the list goes on. That's what I should do - write a list to focus my mind.
Here is my card for the CAS76 challenge. This week's challenge is a sketch from ravengirl.



I am noticing a trend towards material and felt embellishments so I got out my felting machine (that was also one of my "things to do") and created this flower using bright pink ( photo not showing true colour- it's more the colour of the background.) I also used the machine to fix the black and silver wool to create a centre.



The card base is a 15cm square card on to which I layered black then white card to create a thin border. The gingham ribbon is tied with thin cord.

I wasn't sure which sentiment to use an in order not to make a disastrous mistake, I stamped several on to white card than positioned to find out a) which one to use and b) where best to stamp it. I will use this method again as I have ruined many a card at the last minute.

By the way and with reference to yesterday's post, we have had torrential downpours through the night and this morning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails