Friday 9 July 2010

Kraft paper first

There is a growing trend in the use of kraft paper in cardmaking. It is a more widely used resource in America than it is here but as with all trends in modern life, they eventually travel across the seas to other countries. The internet, of course, has made this process happen much more quickly than before. We are instantly exposed to the workings of the world's creative minds and, as we crafters know , we tend to look at all objects and materials in our every day lives and say "I could use that on a card"



I had no purchased kraft paper but I found a folder that I was able to use. My motivation for making this card came from the CAS-tastic CWC011 K-rafty Kreations challenge. Here is my first kraft kreation - not my last as I have already started my second.

I used heat embossing to give texture to the white flower, leaves and sentiment.

Materials used:
stamps: Paper Studio. sentiment - Hero Arts
Ink - SU Chocolate Chip, white- Hobbycarft
Fine detail embossing powder
Parcel string

4 comments:

Susan said...

Great card! I'm learning to LOVE using Kraft paper!! I especially love it with white!!

Michele Gross said...

Very pretty! Love the chocolate and white against the kraft-lovely!

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous!


Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday "Krafty Kreations" Clean and Simple card challenge!

Karen B. said...

The brown and white on kraft is a stunning combo, and your card is equally impressive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails