Monday 14 June 2010

Birthday book


I have been occupied for the last couple of days completing an 18th birthday word book for a colleague's grandson. Not done one of these before and, as I don't have templates or a Cricut, I just printed the letters out using Word Art. These acted as my templates for the word book. Find instructions online at Scrapbook-Crazy. I love this site - and the internet for enabling me to research and create such variety in my crafting.

Thankfully, as it was my first attempt, he has a very short name! I used papers from a 8" x 8" pack that I got at a craft fair (Docrafts I think). They co-ordinate so I didn't have to search elswhere for appropriate colours and designs. I used embellishments and text that were mainly diecut using my Big Shot. The edges were finished with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy. My Bind-it-All enabled me to create the "book".



I must say that I found it difficult to switch from my recent CAS mode to this. I kept thinking that it was too fussy. Strange - but I have another couple of special requests to undertake in the coming weeks so I will have to learn how to switch styles more adeptly.
On a completely different note, I attended a presentation today which mapped the probable future with regard to pupil access to technology which, in turn, will enable them to learn in a completely different way. I was energised by this. This is the way they learn outwith school at the moment. And I inwardly chuckled because I know that there is an equally large group that is transgenerational, learning new things all the time. That group is our band of crafters!!! I have decided that my next purchase will have to be an iPhone.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Great word book - love this idea to create any word needed :)

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails