Tuesday 25 May 2010

Save the envelopes from the bin.

Have you noticed the variety of lovely patterns that you get on the inside of most business envelopes? I have always taken note but my interest stopped at appreciation until my friend Lorna said that her mum saved envelopes to use for teabag folding. The lightbulb lit up!!

My work colleagues have now got used to the exclamations of delight when I see a particularly unusual envelope interior. I do feel that I am treated with some degree of pity or at least benevolent kindness because of my passions for crafting and recycling. If I can combine the two then I am in seventh heaven!! I now have a collection of envelopes waiting for the perfect project. There is a point to these ramblings.... As it is Father's Day soon I decided to use one of my new purchases - Personal Impressions Clear Men Stamps. I chose my envelope paper as the perfect base for stamping the shirt image on to. Here is the completed card.
Collar, tie and cuff were stamped from white card and decoupaged. Buttons and letters were diecut using sizzix dies and the circle layers were cut using Nestibilities.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails