Friday 8 July 2016

Thanks

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to the Less is more team for showcasing my card from Challenge 281.  Such a pleasant surprise.


I have spent another week working in the garden.  I bought several new perennials and need to find space for them. All this rain that we have been having has resulted in everything making a huge spurt in growth. I need to be ruthless!!!


I thought it appropriate to make a thank you card for their latest colour  challenge which involves using your kitchen colour scheme as inspiration.

I am just getting in under the wire here as tomorrow brings a new round of inspiration.



My kitchen is  mulberry and cream and I found card that matched to form the basis for my card.

I die cut an oval and stamped foliage with Adirondack - Currant  for the background. I then applied FlitterGlu to the cow parsley stamp then added Sheffield Steel Mega-Flake. This was to represent the stainless steel of my appliances.

The base card is textured cream which has been embossed with random diagonal lines with the help of my score board.

The sun is shining so Herman the tortoise and I are off out to take advantage of it.


7 comments:

Esther said...

This looks incredibly elegant with the sophisticated colours and layered stamping. I love the idea of creating an embossed background with a scoreboard and may have to pinch that idea soon! Fab card, well done :)

Sid said...

A simply beautiful card !

Chrissie said...

Just playing catch up on last week's challenge entries!
This is fab particularly with the use of the metallic element... I hope you and Herman had fun in the sun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Fab card and love your garden pics too Lindsay ;) Viv xx

Susan said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Neets B said...

What a gorgeous colour palette, your kitchen must be lovely. Great addition of the metallic and I love the scored background too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Cara said...

Congratulations and another lovely card. Cara x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails