Monday 19 May 2014

True Blue

I have nurtured four Meconopsis  Betonicifolia ( Blue poppy) plants for a couple of years now in the hope and anticipation of seeing one of my very favourite flowers as part of my garden landscape. 

Here is the first flower:

How beautiful is that?
I decided to mark the occasion by using Blue Poppies as the main focus in a  card.  Now, I did try to replicate the colour but my beloved watercolour pencils ( and me) were unable to capture the luminosity of this fabulous flower.
 
I downloaded a free digital stamp from here and a font from my computer for the sentiment. I used a Stampin up! border punch to add interest to the turquoise mat.

The theme this week at Less is More is FLOWERS so I am entering this card.
 

10 comments:

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card Lilian, your colouring is lovely. Xx

Skye said...

A beautiful card. You have done a fabulous job of colouring the poppies.
Congratulations on the first flower of your blue poppy. It is gorgeous

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Well I think you've done a pretty good job at matching the colours of both your fabulous 'real life' bloom and those on the card.
A perfectly stunning card and thanks for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

Helen J said...

Meconopsis are one of my favourite flowers too - well done on getting yours to flower, I managed to kill mine.
The card is beautiful too!

Julie B said...

Unusual choice of flower it really stood out, great job.

Anne said...

Beautiful flower and stunning elegant card!
Thank you for your LIM entry
Anne
Less is More Designer

Lynne said...

Beautiful card and great colouring. Thank you for sharing the `real life` pic too, you`ve managed to match the colours perfectly.
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

This is so pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

kate said...

hi Lilian, love this card- nice and "clean". nice to see you back blogging again !!! Would love to meet up with you again, if you message me on Facebook I'll give you my phone number and we could grab a coffee or something . take care , and keep blogging !!!
kate x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Lilian :) Viv xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails