Tuesday 11 March 2014

Watercolour Scene

I have always had a yearning to learn how to paint with watercolours.  I enjoy taking photos of my garden but would love to use paint at the medium to capture the beauty of nature close at hand.

I have , for a few months, been attending watercolour classes locally. Often during lessons I will see part of the exercise that could become an integral part of a card. It could be just a section of sky or a tree in a landscape.  This got me thinking of using watercolour card and paints in my designs.


Here is my most recent card - for my son's 36th birthday.
 I painted the  background on to watercolour card (12.5cm by 8.5cm) The foliage in the foreground was stamped with Peeled Paint Distress Ink using Inkylicious Windswept stamp.  The birds in the sky were also stamped but this time I used Adirondack Slate.
The result was mounted on to gold card before attaching to the card blank.
I decided not to add a sentiment but I could have stamped it centrally in the sky.   Not a work of art but he might decide not to designate it to the bin!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails