Monday 15 October 2012

Things With Wings

I came across this site while blog hopping. A fellow Less is More Challenge entrant also takes part in the Top Tip Tuesday challenge which, by coincidence, also had wings as a theme. (I love the tutorials here - check them out).
I also discovered the Stamp Man Challenge where the theme for October is Butterflies, Birds and Bees.  So I will enter the following card for both.

I decided to enter and use the same Clarity stamp as I did for Less is More.(see previous post)


I am totally enamoured with this Clarity hummingbirds stamp and intend to use it several more times very soon. Sorry!!

I created the background with my brayer using Distress Ink. I applied the ink to my Splodge Mat which gives you better control of the ink when applied to the card. (I have linked to their site because as this is a new product, it may not be known to you)   I got a bit more confident and was able to create some subtle cloud shapes. 

I used a Versafine inkpad to stamp the image. The bottom bird was then stamped on to white card and embossed with clear powder before cutting out and adding to  the card with 3D foam pads. From there it was a simple mat and layer with black card on to a 15cm by 15cm card blank.

Very happy with the result!!
 

3 comments:

lisa said...

What an elegant card. That stamp is just gorgeous. I can see why you love it so much.
Thanks so much for joining in with us at The Stampman this month.
hugs Lisax

Viv said...

Another fabulous card :) Viv xx

Annette said...

This is such a stunning card. Simple yet elegant. I'm so glad you found us at Top Tip Tuesday and hope you liked my clouds tutorial this week.
Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails