Sunday, 2 September 2012

Something for Nothing

It has been a lovely day today.  It is always a surprise to have a day without rain isn't it?  I did mean to do some crafting this afternoon but it was just too nice to stay indoors.

So I am glad that I finished my Less is More challenge card last night. Because it is the beginning of the month it is a colour challenge:


Brown & Pink
 
I used a tag that came with an item of clothing as a template.  I knew that it would come in handy some time !!!  The heart is covered with spotty paper from a My Mind's Eye stack that came free with a magazine. I coloured the edges with Spun Sugar and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks.  To follow on with the "free" theme, I cut up one of those coffee cup sleeves. (I knew that that would come in handy too!)  It was also edged with Brushed Corduroy.  

I decided on a birthday sentiment but I think that this design would lend itself to other occasions too.  

So I will have to embarrass my friends again by collecting more of those coffee sleeves when the occasion arises. I did see a Youtube video that used them to make a tag book so that could be another project to tackle.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Nice card! So lovely!
Hug
Christine

Suze Bain said...

What a lovely change in the weather it was today Lilian - I'd go as far to say it was hot! Love your card, great textures and depth of colour. xx

Jenni's Jems said...

What a great idea to reuse everyday things ,you would never know, and it made such a fab card! The shop is simply create out at Alford nearly everything is half price so heaps of bargains to be had!!!! x

Chrissie said...

I love this one, that primitive heart is super.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More
PS isn't it great to see the sun again.

Gay Peplow said...

Hi Lillian! Gorgeous card, I love the loosness of your design here, the corrugated card not being straight is wonderful behind the heart, love it!! :0) Gay x

Gay Peplow said...

P.s Looseness even LOL

Mandi said...

Fab n funky card
Love it!
Thanks very much
mandi
LIM

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails