Tuesday 11 September 2012

Andy Murray Did It!!


I couldn't bear to watch Andy in the US Open final.  Youngest son kept me updated until I went to bed.  I was delighted to hear the good news when  waking this morning.  I am so proud to share his nationality.   Credit should also go to his parents and his lovely grandparents who have supported him through thick and thin.

I decided to make a card to celebrate his commitment to success.


This is a variation of a patriotic card that I have made several times before. Once I saw the Hero Arts sentiment I knew that I had to use the same format. 


This card was made at a Craft Group that I attended for the first time tonight.

Local crafters just go along with their own materials and craft ....and chat.

I had to join the community centre as a member to take part.  It cost me £1 for the year.  (Sh... don't tell Aberdeen City Council!!)

I sat next to Wendy who paints pictures. (I also discovered that I have know her husband in a work capacity for years)  She  photographs her artwork  and makes beautiful cards with the images.  Wendy attends an art class at a centre very near to my home. She encouraged me to go along and give it a go. ... tempted.....

Two of the ladies were making the most amazing  lace creations. They both said that it was an easy skill to learn.... Yeahhh.  I am still in awe of what they produced.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thanks to Fiona for asking me to come along.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails