Wednesday 11 July 2012

Silhouette Comes to the Rescue

I was asked to help with the place names for the upcoming wedding.  As a continuation to the kraft / recycled theme, the request was for labels with the guests names printed on them. These will have ribbon and twine threaded through them which will be tied around the table napkins. I have a Sizzix die that would do the trick but the complication of getting text position aligned would take ages.

So, out came the Silhouette digital die cutter.  A quick look at the help files and off I went. I purchased and downloaded a set of tags from Silhouette America and used one of these. ( the licence is for personal use and, as I am not using it for commercial purposes, I assume that this is allowed)

I managed to position 12 tags on one sheet before inserting the guest names. The trick is to select text , use the fill tool and then just select do not cut feature.  This is sent to the printer first when only the text is printed.  The sheet is placed on the cutting mat, and then cut as normal.


Here are the tags as they were cut on the Silhouette.  



I used a spare one to see what a finished one would look like.   They will need a wider ribbon that this, thoughWe might add a punched or stamped and embossed heart.

I really need to dedicate some serious time to get to know the Silhouette. It is obviously a very versatile machine and, up to now, I have only used a tiny percentage of its potential.

1 comment:

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous tags and hey aren't we guilty of buying all the latest gadgets and then not using them...have fun getting to know your Silhouette...hugs kath xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails