Tuesday 29 May 2012

Patience is a Virtue

I described in a recent post how I waited patiently ( and successfully) for a discontinued die that I just "had to have"  become available a a reasonable price.

Well, it's happened again. I think that it is due to my experience with Ebay.  I have come to realise that even if you miss out, there is bound to be another one along soon. ( just like buses!)

This time it was the renowned Daisy stamp by Elisabeth Bell.  Almost two years ago I attended a day long session with the firm that produced the Sugar Nellie stamps and this is one that we used. I now regret that I did not take the opportunity to purchase the stamp on the day.

Shortly after this there was some kind of dispute which resulted in the removal from the stamp from the Sugar Nellie collection. I watched as it reached ridiculous prices on Ebay. I loved it ...but not that much!

Again my patience has paid off.  The licence to produce the stamp was given to Elphine House in Australia and I received a clear stamp version last week. The image produced is slightly larger than the original but I am very happy. Here is the first card, coloured with Promarkers, that I have made.


3 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Super colouring Lilian and it's framed beautifully. xx

Christine said...

What a lovely card!
Hug
Christine

Jenny said...

I love her thoughtful pose, your shading is brilliant!
Well done on biding your time to get the stamp :0)
Jenny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails