Thursday 3 May 2012

Craft Stamper Free Stamp

I invariably buy a copy of Craft Stamper each month. It always comes with a free stamp attached but I rarely remove them from their position on the front cover.
However, I was inspired by Liesbeth Fidders' and Sara Engels-Greer's samples made using the flower stamp that came with the May issue.  I chose one of Liesbeth's cards - (five flowers) to CASE.

*I have used this term before and know roughly what it means but I decided to have a look for the exact explanation of this acronym.

CASE - Stands for "Copy and Share Everything." The best inspiration for cardmaking comes from admiring other people's cards.

 (I knew that!)


 
Here is my card. I'm not sure about the copyright issues surrounding the scanning of photos from a magazine so I can't show the original  A6 card but what I replicated was the printing of the flowers in a line to create a division between two contrasting papers on my 6" by 6" card. ( Liesbeth had stamped the images on the top paper then cut round the bottom edge of the flowers.  I decided to stamp the flowers on to white card before colouring with Promarkers. I use the technique of masking to achieve the end result.


I also stamped, cut and coloured two more flowers so that I could add them as decoupage.


I had previously used my Silhouette to cut some chandeliers in white card.  They were on my craft mat so I decided to use one. A liitle uneasy about there not being a realistic context for them to be included here( A chandelier and a row of flowers?)but hey ho - artistic licence!   I just love the detail that is achieved by the Silhouette.  I used a Memento inkpad to roughly colour it before positioning it on the card.   I completed the card with a sentiment and a row of faux stitching around the papers.



1 comment:

Suze Bain said...

Lovely card Lilian, the chandelier is fab. So nice to meet you last night, I thoroughly enjoyed our crafty evening. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails