Monday 9 April 2012

Another craft explored....

Before I go any further, I thought that I would like to share with you my £0.90 bunch of flowers.  
                                                                     
I caught sight of it on my way to the computer and decided to take a picture.  Actually it's two bunches that cost me £0.45 each at Tesco on Saturday night. Who says that there is no such thing as a bargain? 












I have spent much of today printing wedding invitations for a friend's daughter.  The card that I was printing on to is 280gsm Kraft card. My Epson printer didn't like it from the start.  From there ensued a battle of wills.......and.... I won.

I have always believed that printers have an intelligence of their own.  I have heard many of them say " Stop sending me 10 instructions to print at the same time!  Oh, I give up." (This is what happens in schools where several classes share the same printer.)   Before you think I am mad....I am joking.

No crafting done today....yet ....so I thought that I would look back at one of the projects that I have completed in recent months.

This was my first attempt at Decopatch.  I had seen examples and supplies at Damselfly Craft in Glasgow over a couple of years and thought that it would be fairly easy to give it a go. This was a present for my niece Hollie on her birthday.
I used PVA rather that the expensive branded glue.  I just watered it down to almost a wash in consistency.  The 3D letter came from Hobbycraft and the wooden frame was one of a set that I had purchased from Ikea.

The important thing is that Holiie liked them.

1 comment:

Suze Bain said...

What a fabulous colour your decopatch paper is. Have never had a go at this either (so many crafts, so little time!). Lovely tulips too! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails