This is what I debated before I added the sentiment. The original plan was to have it standing up portrait syle but it just didn't look right so I turned it on its side before finally deciding about the sentiment. The inspiration for this card came from Simplicity's OLW59 challenge where we were to use this photo as a starting point.
I used my Big Shot and a Nestabilities circle die to cut 3 circles to act as a mask. I stamped flowers on to a post-it note, cut them out and used them to cover the stamped flowers. This enabled a light backround to be created with a sponge dauber and green ink. While these were still in place, I stamped the leaves and the dragonfly. I removed the masks and, because I felt that they needed sometning more, I gave the flowers centres with a Sakura gel pen. Then came the decision about the orientation of the card.
Now, I have a confession - my yellow inkpad was completely dry so, after some thought, I used a Promarker - applying it to the stamp before stamping. I was a little worried about the effect that it would have, so I immediately cleaned the stamp. A couple of hours later and it looks as if it is still intact. Phew!
Note to self: Buy a yellow inkpad tomorrow and use it some more.
Saturday: I just couldn't move on until I made the vertical card that I had orginally thought of.......... so here it is.
I made another mask and positioned the circles closer together. Pleased with this so now I can move on!