Sunday 5 June 2011

There's Been a Murder!

We went to a Murder, Mystery Evening last night at a friends' house. We were all given characters beforehand and had to be suitably dressed for the occasion.

My husband was to be a suave and dashing French count and had to wear an evening suit. Now, he though that someone was having a laugh because he has none of these characteristics! He wanted to return the joke by wearing one of those tee shirts with a dinner jacket printed on to it. Too late to get from the internet and none available in town, so I said that I would make one myself.

A black teeshirt was found and I drew the shape of the collar and front with tailor's chalk then used a close zig zag stitch on my machine to follow the lines. I sewed on 4 buttons to give a double breated look and a hint of a silver waistcoat ,a bowtie and a silk flower completed the look. Here he is trying, (unsuccessfully) to be suave and dashing

A pillowcase became a maid's apron and hat for my part.

It turned out to be the best fun that I have had in ages and the murderer turned out to be me!

1 comment:

Crafty Susy said...

Sounds as though it was a fab evening. Ray look great. Pity there was no pic of you Lilian.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails