Tuesday 21 June 2011

Saved From the Bin

Look at this. Do you have one of these?  It is a plastic tub where I put all of my aborted attempts; whether it be because of an ink smudge, (usually the case) badly positioned matt, oozing glue or just because , after hours of work, I simply don't like it.  I live in hope that each and every one of these poor things will be resurrected and live on in another guise - complete and pleasing to the eye without a hint of what lies beneath the background paper or embellishment!

And here is such a card.

 Admittedly it was just two little ink marks that spoilt it. Those gems have hidden them to perfection!  This card was made a Stampin' Up party and with the help of Elaine Brainwood (Local Stampin' Up demonstrator)

Such pretty paper and stamp. We used an embossing folder - Square Lattice. It gives such a lovely textute to the paper making it look a bit like wallpaper.  Of course, I had to have it.

Anyway, I have yet again justified to myself, the need to keep the plastic box of "disasters"

4 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Lillian, lovely to hear from you:0) I don't actually have a box, what I do is use the ingredients/recycle a card, otherwise I'd be drowning in a sea of cards, he he he, Have fun, Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

If I had a pound for every time I get inky fingers on a project, I wouldn't have to worry about spending so much on my crafty stash. Lovely card. :)

Bonnie said...

Ha! I call mine a UFO (UnFinished Objects) box. This is a great save!

Suze Bain said...

At least your rejects are contained in a tub - mine are just piled at one end of my desk - every so often I arrange them into 'neat piles' Lol! Your cards lovely, Stampin Up have some great products. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails