Sunday 19 June 2011

Less is More Challenge 20

Monogram -is the title of this weeks challenge at Less is More.  The inspiration for my card came from a card that I made at friend, Susy's class.

I used my Silhouette to cut the letter, then embossed it with the Swiss dots Cuttlebug Folder and the Big Shot before applying Memento Tuxedo Black with a sponge.

The oval was cut from a piece of copier paper to act as a mask and I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink to create the background. I used the same ink for stamping The stamps are Stampin' Up Pocket Silhouettes and the sentiment is Hero Arts.

I wish that I has a slightly darker colour of ink for the foreground stamp. I just used glitter to visually separate it from the other image.

I am going to make a few more like this with different stamps and colours.

23 comments:

Ang C said...

A lovely card

Zoe Tant said...

Super silhouette and monogram card

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely card great stamping and embossing.

Marie

Suze Bain said...

Great design and I like the pink with the black. Don't think you need a darker ink - from the photo the flowers do look quite a bit darker than your sponged background. A super card. xx

Dana said...

Pretty card!

Annes Art said...

Beautiful!!

Chrissie said...

I'm not surprised that you're going to make more of these... it's superb, I love your background and the treatment of the F is Fabulous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

I love the pink...and that pocket silhouette stamp is fab...I really need to get mine out and use them!!! Beautiful card!
My Card

Carla said...

it's a great card, love the F

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card!!

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning!
Perfect submission, I don't think think needed to be darker, its just rigth!
Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, great monogram!
Helen x

Lynne said...

Stunning!!!
Lynne xxx

StampingStace said...

This is just beautiful, love that F!
Stacex (19)

Beryl K said...

This is really lovely,
Beryl x

Sandy said...

Love the stamping - and the colours look stunning,
Sandy

Diane said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Diane Louise J said...

You've made a really pretty card xx

jo said...

Gorgeous card...love the colours!

G Peplow said...

Hi there, Great card, love the pink oval background the perfect foil for the monogram, pretty, Gay xxx

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card-stunning!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Fab card here for Less is Moore....gorgeous!!

Donna Huisinga said...

This is so so pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails