Sunday, 19 June 2011

Less is More Challenge 20

Monogram -is the title of this weeks challenge at Less is More.  The inspiration for my card came from a card that I made at friend, Susy's class.

I used my Silhouette to cut the letter, then embossed it with the Swiss dots Cuttlebug Folder and the Big Shot before applying Memento Tuxedo Black with a sponge.

The oval was cut from a piece of copier paper to act as a mask and I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink to create the background. I used the same ink for stamping The stamps are Stampin' Up Pocket Silhouettes and the sentiment is Hero Arts.

I wish that I has a slightly darker colour of ink for the foreground stamp. I just used glitter to visually separate it from the other image.

I am going to make a few more like this with different stamps and colours.

23 comments:

Ang C said...

A lovely card

Zoë said...

Super silhouette and monogram card

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely card great stamping and embossing.

Marie

Suze Bain said...

Great design and I like the pink with the black. Don't think you need a darker ink - from the photo the flowers do look quite a bit darker than your sponged background. A super card. xx

Dana Leigh said...

Pretty card!

Annes Art said...

Beautiful!!

Chrissie said...

I'm not surprised that you're going to make more of these... it's superb, I love your background and the treatment of the F is Fabulous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

I love the pink...and that pocket silhouette stamp is fab...I really need to get mine out and use them!!! Beautiful card!
My Card

Carla said...

it's a great card, love the F

dutchstamptramp said...

What a stunning card!!

Mandi said...

Absolutely stunning!
Perfect submission, I don't think think needed to be darker, its just rigth!
Thank you very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Molecraft said...

Fabulous card, great monogram!
Helen x

Lynne said...

Stunning!!!
Lynne xxx

StampingStace said...

This is just beautiful, love that F!
Stacex (19)

Beryl K said...

This is really lovely,
Beryl x

Sandy said...

Love the stamping - and the colours look stunning,
Sandy

Diane said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Diane J said...

You've made a really pretty card xx

jo said...

Gorgeous card...love the colours!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi there, Great card, love the pink oval background the perfect foil for the monogram, pretty, Gay xxx

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card-stunning!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Fab card here for Less is Moore....gorgeous!!

Donna Huisinga said...

This is so so pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails