Saturday 21 August 2010

Butterfly Collage




We recently had our bathroom upgraded .. .............not before time!!! The suite was ( I am so glad to be able to say was and not is) pale golden - "Sun King" if my memory serves me right. Anyway, it is all in the past thank goodness. I looked around the shops for items that would match the green towels and I was not inspired. The solution was to make something myself. I had always wanted to make a butterfly collage since seeing examples in various places on the internet....so that's what I did and here it is.


The deep frame was originally unvarnished wood so I used acrylic paint to make it white. I rubbed some of the paint off to give a textured, distressed look. The butterfly punch is one that I have had for ages and the papers are all K & Co from my wonderful, huge stack that I got from QVC. The butterflies are attached with 3D foam to add even more dimension. Love it!!!

2 comments:

Crafty Susy said...

Looks even better in the flesh. Good job!

Abounding Treasures said...

This is lovely ~ they're something that I enjoy making as well :o)

I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog as I revisit each month and learn a little from all you've done and done SO beautifully!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails