Saturday 24 April 2010

The relentless quest for organised craft space


I seem to spend as much time tidying up my crafting materials as I do crafting nowadays. Keeping my ever growing stash in order is one of my top priorities in life. How sad am I??

Here is my latest idea. I saw something similar in an infant classroom some years ago. The teacher had stapled pieces of card together to hold her pupils' rolled up artworks.

I have made mine out of sturdy cotton that was left over from my aunt's conservatory blinds. It is essentially a long rectangle, folded in half and sewn at intervals to create pockets. I then folded the top edge over a trouser hanger and sewed it into place. All unfinshed edges had been zigzagged first to stop fraying. It hangs in my craft cupboard and I no longer have to waste time searching for what I need as I can see everything at a glance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails